Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Resolutions from Psalm 78

  • I do not want to test God in my heart by demanding the food I crave. (vs 18)
  • I do not want to rebel against my God in the wilderness and grieve Him. (vs 40)
  • I do not want to test God again and again and provoke the Holy One of Israel. (vs 41)
  • I want to remember His power or the day when He redeemed me from the foe. (vs 42)
  • I want to keep His testimonies. (vs 56)
  • I do not want to provoke Him to anger with my high places; nor move Him to jealousy with my idols. (vs 58)
With upright heart OH! LORD shepherd me and guide me with Your skillful hand. (vs72) "Can we do it if God helps us? Yes, but what do we mean when we talk of God helping us? We mean God putting into us a bit of Himself, so to speak. He lends us a little of His reasoning powers and that is how we think: He puts a little of His love into us and that is how we love one another. When you teach a child writing, you hold its hand while it forms the letters: that is, it forms the letters because you are forming them. We love and reason because God loves and reasons and holds our hand while we do it." - C. S. Lewis "Mere Christianity"

No comments: