Wednesday, March 28, 2007

1 Corinthians 4:7 (Pride)

"For who do you know that really knows you, knows your heart? And even if they did, is there anything they would discover in you that you could take credit for? Isn't everything you have and everything you are sheer gifts from God? So what's the point of all this comparing and competing?" "What do you have that God hasn’t given you? And if everything you have is from God, why boast as though it were not a gift?" Suppose I got a nice Digital-SLR camera as a gift. After using it some, one day, somebody asks me about it. How would I talk about the camera since its a free gift to me? My attitude and response would be drastically different from, if I had worked hard and earned the money to buy the camera. No matter what the situation is, should not my attitude be the same as my first one?

No comments: