Saturday, May 06, 2006

Reflections on Micah 7 & Habakkuk 3

(I’m guilty…) Though I sit in darkness Though I fall Though the fig tree should not blossom nor the flowers spring up in spring But as for me, I will look to the LORD I will wait for God The God of my salvation My GOD will hear me The LORD will be a light to me I shall rise I’ll bear the punishment of the LORD ‘Cause I’ve sinned against Him O my enemy, Rejoice not over me He pleads my cause Executes judgment for me I shall look upon His Salvation Yes, I will rejoice I will take joy In the God of my salvation O my LORD!!! You are my strength

6 comments:

Laurel Audrey Taylor said...

Wow... I am really impressed by what you've done with these texts. Part of the work of a poet is to construct parallelisms like the ones you've discerned, so I suspect you might have a poet's approach to language. I especially liked the connection you drew between between the lines: "but as for me" and "O my enemy." I often feel like I am my own worst enemy. I don't know if you had that in mind or not, but that's what I thought of when I saw your line of connection.

Laurel Audrey Taylor said...

Although only an engineer-poet would actually make a diagram demonstrating the parallelism. Nice.

Gautam said...

Looks pretty nerdy, huh?

Gautam said...

Yeah, "Oh! my enemy".... I do feel that way too..., But I didn't mean that when I first wrote it... Now, when I think about it; I can see exactly what you saw.

Laurel Audrey Taylor said...

Who says what's nerdy and what's not. You know most of what I say and write is probably nerdy to a lot of people... but who cares.

Laurel Audrey Taylor said...

That's one of the great things about writing poetry... sometimes you make cool parallels or sounds or images without intending to, and your readers recognize them. It's almost like someone outside of your self is guiding your choice of words and line-breaks and all that...